Job Title: Director of Group Sales
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Mayflower Cruises & Tours, a national tour company, located in Lisle, IL and a division of Scenic, USA is looking to hire is an experienced Sales Professional and highly motivated Director of Group Sales to manage its sales team in the Eastern US Region.
We are looking for a seasoned sales professional who can manage the future growth of the group business as well as manage a sales team. This position works in Sales Management directly reporting to the Vice President of Sales. This includes achieving monthly and annual sales goals as well as coming up with ideas for strategic sales plans and their implementation. Developing and establishing solid key business relationships with known group travel producers as well as mining for new business opportunities is a pivotal part of the role in order to achieve sales goals.
You will be responsible for working with, managing and growing the Group Sales Team in the Eastern Region and assist them in proactively finding and winning group business leads for the Mayflower brand. Representing the company professionally at all times while taking an aggressive approach to sales growth is essential. Adept at managing a team, public speaking, building presentations and informing through online communication platforms are all necessary skills to be successful in the job.
As the director of a team of sales experts, leadership in weekly meetings, collaboration with peers and associates and frequent communication is critical in this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Develop strategy to generate new leads and sales
· Manage team of Business Development Managers and track goals and successes
· Motivates Business Development Managers with the intention to generate sales through consistent interaction, engagement and support.
· Plans and attends educational sessions, trade shows and events in support of Mayflower Cruises and Tours.
· Responds and follows up to calls, e-mails, questions and issues within 24 hours.
· Manage team’s performance based on goals established by senior management through on-going programs and by encouraging product knowledge and expertise
· Analyzes regional trends to identify sales growth opportunities. Actively collaborates with the VP of Sales to develop new approaches to growing the business and increasing engagement.
· Develops and continues to find successful promotional practices and shares these successes with the sales team and the other departments as needed.
· Manages travel & entertainment expenses to stay within company policy.
· Provide competitive sales, marketing, policy and product intelligence and shares with the VP of Sales on a regular basis.
· Reviews and stays current on all company communications, policy changes, product developments and itinerary changes.
· Other duties and attendance at special events as assigned by the VP of Sales
· 5+ years group travel industry experience
· 4+ years in sales
· Demonstrated successful selling, developing group business and lead generation
· Experience managing a team of 5 or more
· Excellent industry and group market knowledge
· Able to travel 50% or more of the time
· Tour, River Cruise or Ocean Cruise experience desired
· Ability to grasp new topics quickly and communicate professionally
· Strong presentation, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage time and prioritize work autonomously
· Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed objectives
· Positive attitude, professional demeanor and adaptable to a changing environment
· Ability to provide and execute creative solutions to challenges
· Ability to multi-task and pitch in where needed
· Passion for sales achievement
· Eager to be a part of a fast-growing company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Remote